Omakase has coordinated, in collaboration with Biogen, a think tank with a multidisciplinary group composed by, physicians, decision makers and patient representatives for the generation of a national strategy proposal for multiple sclerosis (MS) in Spain, framed within the national strategy of neurodegenerative diseases.
The national strategy proposal includes 9 main objectives:
- To develop and implement a Comprehensive Action Plan (CAP) in multiple sclerosis including both health and social aspects of autonomous communities.
- To create a National Registry of Patients with MS that includes clinical and social data.
- To monitor and measure results obtained through the CAP, reviewing, modifying and updating with time.
- To allocate sufficient human resources necessary to carry out the established CAP.
- To ensure patient’s access to functional multidisciplinary units to give response to MS patients’ specific needs and their environment.
- To evaluate the adequacy of the current healthcare circuit, including social aspects for the benefit of MS patients.
- To develop and implement a continuous accredited training program (scientific-technical, assistance and communication) accredited for professionals of all levels involved in MS care: primary care, specialized care and social services.
- To ensure training, information and empowerment of patients with MS (and their environment).
- To develop and evaluate a plan of continuity for social and healthcare provision.
This proposal will be shortly presented to the ministry of health for consideration by the interterritorial committee.
Follow the link to download the report: National Strategy Proposal on EM